• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

2002 Miata Project

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
2002 Miata

Shortly after the purchase in 2010:

From there I added 20% tint on on the windows, as well as 30% on the taillights. Also added to replace the stock wheel & tire combo was TRMotorsports C1M's wrapped in [FONT=&quot]205/50R-15 Kumho Ecsta SPT[/FONT]

Dyno results shortly after ownership for baseline at MAP.

Last edited:

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Next on the list with pending pick up this weekend is suspension. Tokico Illumina Shocks, FM Springs, and FCM Bump Stops.

Adam777

Hey man, good looking car. You posted over at Club Roadster a while ago right? You'll have to come on the next CR drive we get together.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Yeah, I'm on there and MAC as SRM. I'm going to hit up one of those cruises soon. I think I know the guy who goes by "Shocker", is that Seth? I haven't seen him in years.

niterydr

Legendary Status!
Ahh Swanny, the "early" days... lol
I know it brings back memories. I wonder how many "OG" members remember, well remember Og for one or MIAC, Seth, Andy Young, Gil, VW Tom,.....

makes me smile, that was 10 years ago now.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Got the car positioned tonight in the garage for work this weekend after a little clean up of the floor. This is how the car sits now and the parts to go on. :)

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Those are the Tokico Illumina Shocks, FM Springs, and FCM Bump Stops I picked up a few weeks back, already assembled and ready to go. I'm really hoping I can do this myself and not fuck anything up. LOL

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Not gonna lie, looking over that thread, while it's a great write up, I may have just talked myself into bringing it to a shop.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
Not gonna lie, looking over that thread, while it's a great write up, I may have just talked myself into bringing it to a shop.
0.o

It gives ya a step by step on which bolts to turn, how does that make you want to take it to a shop?

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Cause it's a lot of shit I'm not comfortable doing and being certain I can get it all done in one day this weekend, which is really the only time I can deal with it.

Adam777

Don't worry, definitely doable in a weekend. You get to skip all the steps that include disasembling the old bits and assembling the new bits, so that will save some time. 6-7 hours max alone, less with a helper. If you can change your oil, you can do this.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Seriously, beer and pizza and we can have that done in a day, also its not your daily driver so is it really a big deal if it takes a little longer?