• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Grapplers Fire Rebuild

Grappler

Well started off last weekend looking like this...

Removed the Battery most of the wiring Harness and Part of the BAC AFM Intake box, alternator and almost got far enough to remove the throttle body.

Grappler

Today Got the UIM off and Started cleaning and tracing vacuum lines or whats left of them...

No worries I only took the rags out of the intake for a quick second for a photo.

Here is the culprit of my fire Damn PD!!!!

Whats left of my OMP spider...

How far I got today

FunK73

Looks a little crisp in there. Thank god you got to it before it got any worse though. Best of luck with your rebuild, let me know if you need a hand

Grappler

Now for happy pictures

My new air to water radiator

Remote filling thing...

New Pump

Heat Exchanger

Kitchen Table full of parts

dmention7

Hater
Haha, you ordered your air-water shiz from frozenboost.com didn't you? I have the exact radiator behind my grille too.

A word to the wise though.... I'd plan to upgrade to that Bosch Cobra pump or something fairly soon. I have that same Rule pump in my setup right now (installed it in April), and I think the motor is starting to go. Around mid-december I started to hear the bearings howling during cold starts. Oh, and you'll probably want to consider slapping a 7" fan on that radiator. I got wicked-bad heatsoak during slow traffic before I installed a fan.

Grappler

Yeah I got it from frozen boost. :D I do actually have the fan ready to go on there and I will eventually get the Cobra Pump but for right now I just wanna get my car running.

Are you running an IAT gauge by chance? what kind of temps are you getting?

dmention7

Hater
That was one of the things I never got around to rigging up.... I wanted to have a water temp and charge air temp sensor to at least use for diagnostics, but maybe yet this spring.

Grappler

That was one of the things I never got around to rigging up.... I wanted to have a water temp and charge air temp sensor to at least use for diagnostics, but maybe yet this spring.
I am ordering one tonight gonna stick it on my steering column...

Grappler

Got some gaskets and Block off plates in from Atkins rotary and Pineapple racing :D

Got my LIM off and Unbolted my exhaust Manifold removed my Airpump and most of the affiliated hoses. Bout as far as I can get for now till my wiring harness comes in grrrr.... That and I need to pick up some PB blaster all the bolts on my precats and main cat are pretty much rusted on. alas that should happen tommorow.

Grappler

Well got some more work done got the entire exhaust system out Cat forward. This took most of the day (no joke) I soaked all the nuts and bolts in PB blaster and cranked on it with a wrench till it came off (no power tools for me :( )

This is what is going in to replace it Ceramic coated DP Rotary performance Precat replacement Pipe and a Racing Beat resonator (not shown in pic)

Gauge holder came in I wish I could have gotten it in just plain plastic but I guess its CF better then nothing :roll: I will be putting my Wideband EGT and Boost gauge in this I will be using a Dremel to make the wideband fit as it is a 60mm gauge.

Got some more SS line in -10an for my A2w setup and my turbo drain fittings :D Also fan relays for the Efan I will be getting in tommorow and for the fan on the A2W radiator.

So yeah waiting for more parts to come in... day in day out

FunK73

Man you must have almost half as much money as picklez to get all this new shiney stuff! I'm jealous. This all looks so familiar to me lol

Grappler

Man you must have almost half as much money as picklez to get all this new shiney stuff! I'm jealous. This all looks so familiar to me lol
Yeah my bank account is really sad right now I don't even want to add up how much this is all going to cost till its done.

Plus side is I will have a running car :D

Do you need any other parts?

I actually have a Borla Cat-back for sale even.
I can't really thing of anything I really need atm.

I might take that exhaust off your hands when i get my taxes back though

Jager

Yeah my bank account is really sad right now I don't even want to add up how much this is all going to cost till its done.

Plus side is I will have a running car :D

I can't really thing of anything I really need atm.

I might take that exhaust off your hands when i get my taxes back though
10-4. Just let me know and it's here. I'll even meet you half-way!

Grappler

Wow just realized its been a while since I have given an update.
Haven't had much time of late to go work on my car with Work/School
and certain parts not arriving on time or the right parts for that matter (no one on this forum)

However I finally got a chance to go out and work on my car again.
If only for a little while I managed to get some stuff done.

Today:

Removed Fuel Pump assembly I will be replacing the Pump with a Walbro 255lph setup :D

Finally got the last bolt out of the Battery tray (thank you home depot)
Removed the Fan shroud from the Radiator
Sorry for the stretched images my lovely assistant was in class (with the good camera :'( )

Removed The rest of Cold start assist Assembly (Resevoir and tubing)
Temporarily took out the Cruise control in order to get to the resevoir and remove the wiring harness.

Plan for tommorow is get the clutch fan off ditch the OMP finish up the Fuel pump assembly get the turbo LIM on and start running the SS fuel lines (crosses fingers)

Grappler

Time for an update woo hoo!

Ok so been getting stuff done here and there It seems like not much but its getting there...

Fitted the gauge pod in its gonna overlap a little bit on the Warning lights but I don't mind at this point.

Ordered the right fittings for my fuel rails.... one is 12mm x 1.5 the other side is 14mm x 1.5.... :signs066:

Got my Turbo Drain Fittings from ATP :D

Taurus Efan hurah for less engine bay clutter.

My new Emissions harness that is in great shape :happydance:

Silicone Vacuum lines got here too

I also got some AN wrenches in (adonized aluminum) so I won't scratch/destroy my fittings. However UPS is closed on Saturdays/Sunday So I won't get to work on the Fuel system till then.

Grappler

Got the RTek installed today well sort of installed I still Need to pull the old harness and get the new one put in. I can pick up my -AN wrenches tomorrow :D

I am hoping to finish up by the end of the week if all goes as planned (crosses fingers)

Mocked up the Taurus E-fan with some crappy zip ties I will put some better ones in and make it fit nicely later when I have everything where I want it.
I also mocked up the turbo and everything looks good on that end hopefully get the turbo, EGT and Exhaust installed tomorrow maybe even start on the fuel system
Kick plate

Old ECU

New Rtek ECU !!!!!

Getting closer to being done still a ways out but I can't wait to be done and get the car running.

btw... it is really freaking cramped trying to install/takeout that ecu. I am 5'10" and about 150lbs and I had a hard time getting in there.