• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Groupon for DentKraft PDR - ACT FAST!!

VTEC8YA

The Story Teller....
Just thought I would chime in on this.... Ive always heard good things about these guys, besides being WAY over priced. But after reading the "fine print" and that this is only good on dents up to a half dollar size, its just ridiculous. A half dollar sized dent should NEVER cost more than 50-60 bucks, and if these guys are selling it on the fact they would normally charge 100... well then people are getting duped. 100 dollars at a reputable dent repair facility should get you close to a 3 inch diameter dent. What most people see as only a half dollar size dent, are usually close to 3 times that size with with the area "around" the dent that needs to be repaired also, stretching, creases, etc. So im guessing 75% of the people that take their car in on this deal, end up paying more. So this sounds like more of a gimmick to me. Just my .02 cents.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Yeah, I saw the size thing too and figured if fixing the dent on my front fender ends up not falling within their guidelines, then I'd have 'em fix a dent in Jess' door that's definitely not more than a half-dollar.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
When I took the Miata in they charged me the $100 price for a dent the size of a quarter (which is really their base price for all dents up to a certain size I think). They were great and setting the car up in the light and showing me another down the side and how it's a bit bigger than we discussed, which is obviously was in the light. End result, same price, and they fixed all three spots in question.

Overpriced or not, I've had them work on several of my cars and it's been worth every penny. No offense Luke, but I even tried giving you the business on the Miata and you just didn't seem to care enough to want it, so I don't know how you can flog someone like this.

My 2 cents.

VTEC8YA

The Story Teller....
Im just saying there's companies around the cities who will do the same quality of work, for half the price of dentkraft. They might not have the "fancy" showroom, but when it boils down, its still the same quality. Im just calling a wee bit of a gimmick when I see one.:roll:

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Since I only picked up one Groupon and I have a few dents that need attention, perhaps you (Luke) could post up the names of some of these other more reasonably priced places that do great quality work...or start up a recommendation thread in a more appropriate section of the forum?

VTEC8YA

The Story Teller....
Steve Dumala at Excel dent repair in blaine. Todd McIntosh who owns Dent by Dent. Bill Hulett who owns ProPDRsolutions (might be equally expensive.)

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Sweet! Can a mod stick this info somewhere in a Sticky so it'll be easy to find in the future?

VTEC8YA

The Story Teller....
Todd is a super good guy. When I got laid off by the railroad he went out of his way to call other technicians in the area that might be looking for help. Unfortunately all the hail had dried up by that time. Ive also referred a couple other members here to him also.