MNMazda Weekly Wednesday Night Meets - 2011!

Discussion in 'General Events - Finalized & Planned' started by Picklz, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

It's that time of year again folks! Temps are starting to climb and all the summer rides are coming out of their winter slumbers. Time to get together on Wednesdays to hang out, BS, check out what peoples have done to their rides, and install random parts in a parking lot!

Sadly our old standby meeting spot for the summer, Porkys, is no more. So we must find a new place to hang out on warm Wednesday nights. Through much discussion and weighing our options we have decided to make this coming Wednesday 4/13 a test run for meeting at Wagner's Drive In in Brooklyn Park. The common themes echoed by most were wanting somewhere that serves food so we don't have to remember to bring something to cook, and someplace that is outside with plenty of parking so we can hang out and enjoy the nice weather. Wagner's seems like an excellent option so we're going to give it a try for a week or two and see how things go. If all goes well this will become our official meeting spot for 2011!

So lets see how many people we can get to show up for this coming Wednesday the 13th and make our first 'summer' meet away from Porky's a great one!

Details:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?o...ear=Brooklyn+Park,+MN&cid=4793191458131096140

People generally start showing up between 5 and 6pm. I should be there in that time range. If it looks like we are going to have poor weather this may be moved or rescheduled so please check back!

2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

^that. I'll be there. Hopefully the food is as good as the internet makes it out to be.

3. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

I'll try to make it if I don't work late

4. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I have puppy classes every Wednesday so I can stop on my way to those.

5. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

shit, i know that place, I drive by it all the time, fucking uber close to my place. Never knew that was Wagners, werid. lol

6. Tuner-11

Tuner-11 New Member

I'll try to make it, its a haul from apple valley but we'll see

7. racecarcolin

racecarcolin New Member

It is sooo good and cheap, you will not be disappointed!

-Colin

8. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

FYI their parking lot was less than stellar (so were the roads around there) when Becca and I went a few weeks ago. Good food, CHEAP prices. If memory serves correct they have tables for eating and a dining area inside as well.

9. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I like cheap prices. And ultimately, this is just a test run, to see if it works. We're kinda flying blind here, cause EVERYONE knew that Porkys would work when we picked it. It was sort of established.

10. Synthesis

Synthesis New Member

I'm not a Mazda owner, but instead am one of the Fiero Clan who joined up here to promote the Tyler Shipman memorial show last year and this year.
    Adrian is a good friend of mine (stealthsomethingorother), he just sold is Mazdaspeed3 and bought a Dodge Charger I guess..

The Minnesota Fieros Forever club has their yearly car show at Wagner's... I can't say enough about the place. The food is good and cheap, the owner is very welcoming to the car community, and we get lots of exposure when we show there...

You'll all love the place. :)

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Cool man, glad to hear it. We were a little iffy about the whole thing, since Porkys' was so established, but if it works for you, it ought to work for us. Thanks for the input.

12. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

I should be there.

13. Picklz

Yeah nice to hear some positive remarks about the place, I've only driven by it never actually stopped there, but everything I hear is positive so I'm looking forward to Wednesday.

14. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

i'll have your wheels tom if i remember to grab them tonight. see the rest of you then.

15. Picklz

Burgers n Shakes TONIGHT!

16. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Nanner shake! Nom

17. Picklz

So I'll let others chime in but I was pretty happy with the place for a meeting location. Owner was there, was really open to having a new group hang out there, gave us all a deal on burgers, and basically said if we need anything let him know and he'll do what he can, even offered us some chairs. Food was quite good and all in all had a good time, think it will be even better once we get some warmer temps! I certainly think we should try it out again next week, weather permitting.

For those interested they have a inside dining area that probably seats 10-14 people, plenty of space outside including picnic tables and what not, free refills on pop, and a rather large menu, chicken, chicken sammiches, burgers, rubens, hot beef sammiches, shakes, hot dogs, corn dogs, chilli fries, and the list goes on and on.

18. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

I checked the place out online the other day and I thought it looked pretty awesome. Great menu and the location is a bit North, but close to main highways (694/494). I'm sure I'll be over there a few times this Summer.

19. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

the spicy chicken sandwich is pretty damn good.

20. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I missed a few of you last night, but stopped by with Matt D and his EVO. Looks like a nice spot for a meet, lots of parking, and if the fudz is good and the owner is happy and welcoming.... kinda win win.