MOWOG Autocross Series - Event #5 - DCTC - Sunday Aug 7th

Discussion in 'Everything Racing' started by AJ, Jul 10, 2011.

1. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

7:15 am to 8:00 am - Event registration
    7:30 to 9:00 am - Course walking
    7:30 am to 8:30 am - Tech inspection
    8:30 am - Novice Course Walk
    9:00 am - Drivers meeting
    9:45 am - First car off

ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL OPEN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. FOR 2011, ALL ONLINE REGISTRATIONS WILL REQUIRE PRE-PAYMENT.

Advance Registration:
    $20 MAC members
    $30 Non-members
    Note: Online registration closes at 12:00 AM Eastern time, on the Registration Deadline.

Day of Event:
    $25 MAC members
    $35 Non-members

REFUND POLICY
    Minnesota Autosports Club (MAC) has a No Refund policy for online registrations.

Exceptions to this policy may be granted at the sole discretion of a MAC Officer, in cases of significant hardship - such as a serious injury or illness, death in the immediate family, or auto accident. All refund requests must be submitted in writing (electronic or paper) to the MAC Treasurer not later than 10 days after the event for which a refund is being requested, and will be subject to a $5.00 service charge.

Per Met Council Autocross Rules, refunds will be provided if your car fails to pass Safety Inspection at an event, and you are thus unable to compete in that event.

Permanent Met Council car numbers may be reserved for $1 per year.

For a current list of Met Council reserved numbers, go here:
    http://www.mnautox.com
    It will always be under "FRONT PAGE NEWS" and the subject line will always start with "Permanent Number Update".
    Participants without a permanent Met Council car number will be assigned an available/unused number at day of event.

Each number request for this event will reviewed by a human. Allow a day or two for the number to appear on the entry list. Co-drivers should explain their number use in the Message to Registrar box. If there are any number changes desired after the number is assigned, please send email to pethier@comcast.net

Event LocationDakota County Technical College CityRosemount State or ProvinceMN Postal/Zip Code 55068 Maximum Entries135 Online Registration Opens07-Jul-2011 1:00 AM EST Online Registration Closes06-Aug-2011 1:00 AM EST

2. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

Yessssss i'm so in!

3. Turbotalon1g

Turbotalon1g Guest

hmmm, i'm free this day.

4. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I'm 25/75 on this event.

There is a MAC Test & Tune this Sat that I am for sure not making. Sunday however, I'm not signed up yet, may end up being a morning weather decision. I do like DCTC, but we will see.

My car/tires have upwards of 50-60 runs so far this year, with 36 alone being MOWOG series runs and then 15-25 test and tune runs (lost count).

I can say my driving in general feels like it's improved, I'm learning more about how the car reacts, and taking instructors has helped a ton. This past weekend Aaron was whooping me in my own car all day. In the afternoon runs I grabbed an instructor for runs 2-4, and on the 5th and final run, took the advice, and turned in the best run of the day, and best run in my car for that day.

I wouldn't of known I could do better with the car without having Aaron driving it, to me it was worth it on so many levels. And was fun to have close times to compare. People need to give this a go! If you need a car, speak up, I'd probably be willing to share the Miata again as well.

5. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

I may try to blow up the MR2, we will see what the weekend holds and I won't know until Saturday night....

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I was hoping to see you out more with the MR2 this year, just not running right or just a free time thing?

7. ohsixspeedsix

I'd be willing to give the miata a shot.

8. niterydr

Free time thing, it had a coolant leak I fixed, now just need to find the time to enjoy the car.

9. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I won't be there, end result, can't just leave the dog in the kennel from 6-4/5.

10. niterydr

Out as well, having 4 additional circuits put into the garage by an electrical friend in exchange for tuning his Avalanche.

11. ohsixspeedsix

I'm out. Car is messed and I can't afford new tires. lol

12. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Swanny, see about doing the next test and tune, I'll be there for plenty of seat time. That's the event I'd be willing to have some other run my car as well.