ProKart Maple Grove - Saturday October 12

Discussion in 'General Events - Finalized & Planned' started by Picklz, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

ProKart Maple Grove - Saturday October 12 6:45pm

Updates!

This is ON, we're going to do just regular open racing as they don't have any private slots available on Saturday. I'd like to do at least 3 races which is $45, each race after that is $15 - a 7 day license is $10 if you don't have one already (annual license is $25, free race on your birthday, and a free Balaclava ($2 normally)).

Lets shoot to be there around 6:45pm and get racing by 7 or 7:15. Let me know if you'll be there and feel free to text/call me if you're running late so we can wait for ya. PM if you need my #.

This is at ProKart in Maple Grove.
    11700 Troy Lane North
    Maple Grove, MN 55369

Can someone move this to finalized?
    =================

I'm looking at heading over to ProKart in Maple Grove for some racing on Saturday the 12th. Late afternoon or Early evening. Exact time will depend on what they have available and how many people are interested. If we get 8+ we could do one of their private race events that offers practice, qualifying, and main events. If Under 8 then we would just do open racing. Cost generally hovers around $15/race, if we do a private race it'll be around $40-60.

If you're interested and Free from around 4 to 9pm (guessing it will be somewhere in that range) let me know and I'll try and get details nailed down.

Picklz - In Anytime
    Dan - In Anytime
    Hayden - in if 7pm or later
    Haydens friend - In I think
    Eddy - Probably In
    Josh H. - In

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. Mazdatroll6

Mazdatroll6 New Member

How many races do we get for the $40-60 private race price?

3. Picklz

Here is the pricing for the private races, all include a practice session then qualifying + the various race setups:

[​IMG]

I would prefer to do either the Grand Prix or Adrenaline Rush, but I'm open to suggestions. Those prices include tax and helmet rental, they do NOT include the license fee, which if you need one is $10.

4. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Numbers!

(Apparently tables are disabled... I made a nice spreadsheet but can't show it here... derp)

Purely on "cost per lap driven" The ironman is the best, then Adrenaline rush, Grand Prix, and finally race day...

Race Day - 2.0667
    Ironman - 1.24
    Grand Prix - 1.6364
    Adren Rush - 1.3667

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. Picklz

haha very nice Dan.

The Grand Prix seems the best mix of Cost and what you get, little more per lap but I think multiple races is nicer than a single super long one. Gives you the benefit of a slightly longer race thrown in along with some shorter ones.

6. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

Yeah I would go for the Grand Prix.

7. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Grand Prix would indeed be nice... just need a lot more people...

8. Picklz

I'm working on that, have a couple 'possibles' that I should find out about tomorrow. If people have others that might be interested send them this way or get me in touch with them.

9. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I may be down but we are trying to figure out the weekend schedule. I may need to be on the earlier side of things.

10. Picklz

If you're trying to figure it out, Tell Jana you have plans on Saturday afternoon & evening, problem solved!

11. Picklz

Bamp, this is on, we're just doing regular racing since they don't have any private slots available Saturday night. 3 races for $45, $15 each race after. $10 For a license. Going to meet at about 6:45, try and get racing by 7pm or so!

12. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

In plus my cousin Kyle will possibly come with permitting we have enough space.

13. 007CobaltLS

007CobaltLS Member

That would be fun as hell and affordable, but my son has hockey at 6:50 so I can't make it this time. Another time for sure.

14. Picklz

Should be plenty of space, it's open racing so we may have to wait for another group to go in front of us at some point but should be plenty of karts to fit all of us + some other people there as well.

15. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

I am trying to convince Corey that he should meet you guys out there. He is unhappy about the drive.

16. Picklz

You should wash, dry and iron his man pants for him and tell him to put them on and come race! :p

17. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

F U! But I did send him the message :D

18. Mazdatroll6

Mazdatroll6 New Member

19. Picklz

Word, I should be there by 6:30-6:40 or so, get the waivers filled out and such, looking forward to this! Probably head to TGI Fridays in Coon Rapids after for anyone that want's to grab a beer and some grub!

20. Mazdatroll6

Mazdatroll6 New Member

Damnit I don't think I'll be able to make it anymore. My arm pain is acting up again. Been trying to ice it but it's not helping much. I don't think I should add aggressive driving to the list of activities that my arm participates in tonight.