• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Rally Armor knockoff mudflap interest?

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
So, Rally Armor mudflaps are rad. They're damn expensive though. I'm going to make a set HD stylee for my whip, and I'll have the process down, so I figured I'd see if anyone else wants a set. Post here if'n you're interested.

D

DrWebster

I'm interested in a set for the front.

What would you make them out of? I've seen the garbage can mudflap hack, but Rally Armor ones are like urethane or something.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Prolly GC hack, but I will look into other materials. IF I can find a good sheet of urethane on the cheap, I'll cut em from that.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Prolly GC hack, but I will look into other materials. IF I can find a good sheet of urethane on the cheap, I'll cut em from that.
GL finding a sheet of urethane for a decent price...lol I looked for a few nights online and couldn't find squat before making my own set out of a $6 rubbermaid garbage can. Fronts are pretty easy, and apparently rears require popping/replacing rivets.

StealthSpeed3

Charge THIS!!
and since my car does NOT get driven in the winter, they would be mostly for appearance and to reduce roostertails while driving in rain.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
GL finding a sheet of urethane for a decent price...lol I looked for a few nights online and couldn't find squat before making my own set out of a $6 rubbermaid garbage can. Fronts are pretty easy, and apparently rears require popping/replacing rivets.
Well the difference is here, I plan on making them in bulk, so far it looks like I need to make at least 5 sets. That oughtta cut down on materials cost. Plus McMaster Carr has EVERYTHING. Might see what AxMan has too. I'll be looking at the rear on monday... I have an idea that would basically require the swapping of a few screws to make it happen, I can replace it with stainless screws/shims if I do it right. More to follow, since this actually has interest.

ZoomZoom Diva

I would need to see what these look like on a car before I would express interest... the pics I can see on Rally Armor don't really tell much.

Last edited:

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
The idea wasn't cribbed from there, actually, it was cribbed from Pete, and the fact that I figured I could make myself a set for a whole crapload less than what Rally Armor wants.

The Ikea cutting board this IS a good idea though.... too bad I don't think I can get them in black.

D

DrWebster

Are those cutting boards flexible though? You don't want to be going over a speed bump or hit something and have it fark up your wheel well.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Mudflaps? really? Ya'll may as well have Tom Airbrush some Yosemite Sam's on em too lol

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
I did think for a second that this was the F-150 forum. But back on track mud flaps are good but not fuggly ones like on that subie.

S

Slim

Those Subaru ones are jacked up!!!

And +1 to MrMatt, although I'd like girly silhouettes...

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Hah hah hah all of you. I like the ones on the Subie, that's my general idea. I can probably make something else if you prefer, the only hard part is going to be the initial fitment to the wheel well. Haven't quite worked that one out in my head.