• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

2008 Season Closer Detail Day Recap

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Original thread: http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2148

First I want to thank Dan for getting us involved with Morrie's Mazda. This event would not of taken place if he didn't get the ball rolling on that deal! Nice work Dan!

Second, big ups to the Morrie's crew. Jesse was getting dizzy with the test drives, and I heard lots of great feedback from that. What a great idea! Top that off with the hands on help and product and tool use from the detail departments and the event was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

In my opinion, we had just the right amount of cars there to clean during that time frame. And I have a feeling this day could easily get longer, and cover more if we had the opportunity.

All in all, great time, and congrats to Adrian and Bart for the MAP gift certs. I'm sure they will be used wisely.

I must say, those cars cleaned up REAL nice! I got some great photos in, and will be working on processing some of them over the next few days.

Oh yeah, and now we all know who to call when we need proof of a "pole hit" removed from our whip. Nicely done Nate. I wonder if that guy was thinking expensive paint work?

04cobra

Fun time.

I took off to find something to eat, then the wife needed me home, so sorry if it looked like i ran off.

Great meeting alot of you!

dmention7

Hater
You've got some good stuff going in that HDR album, AJ. Some of the shots could maybe be toned back a little bit, but that angle shot of my car, and the shot of adrian's waxed hood are pretty dope.

D

DrWebster

My car don't look too bad in HDR. Reminds me I need to post pics from my recent Duluth trip.

AJ, what settings in Photoshop are you using to get the crazy color saturation?

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I'm using more in Adobe Lightroom than in PS. Those where all pretty quickly done, I'll probably spend some more time on a few of them.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
A lot of those are particularly amazing. I do really like the shot of Adrians car being all waxed.

JHow77

Sponsor
Hi all!

It was nice meeting all of you and I'm glad everyone had a good time. I like the comment about me getting dizzy. It's funny that no matter how big a circle you go in, if you do it enough you start to feel like you're going in circles just standing there.

I actually had a lot of fun on those test drives (no fuddy duddies). I'm sure everyone who tried the MX-5 got just what they wanted out of it. I know it surprised most.

The pics look great AJ, especially the Blue Protege with the purple side. You should've got a picture of me coming out of the "slap & scratch." =) The darn thing bent my license plate.

Thanks to AJ and Dan for a big part in making this happen, and to everyone else, Tom, Mike, Jeff, Jana, John, Colin, Jay, Adrian, Bart, John, Aaron, Justin, Kyle, Bill, and to anyone else I missed.

Until next time... Zoom Zoom!

D

DrWebster

You should've got a picture of me coming out of the "slap & scratch." =) The darn thing bent my license plate.
Heh, that car wash has been eating people's license plates for a long time.

JHow77

Sponsor
To everyone who attended yesterday:

I forgot to add a field on the sign-up sheet for email addresses. For any of you who would like to be notified from time to time about promotions or upcoming events please email me your email address. You can also email me about feedback from the event or anything you'd like to see different for next time. (jesse.howard@morries.com)

Thanks as always!

-Jesse

dmention7

Hater
As far as feedback goes, I think the one thing that may be nice to try for next time would be to set up a spot for a grille or two and do some burgers/hot dogs for lunch (if there's a suitable spot). I know I worked up a pretty good appetite!

Nice pics! I really wish I would've gone now. Simply to get a wax done on my car! Oh well, I'll have to do that at home I guess. :p

JohnnyT

Some lunch woulda been fantastic, but either way I had a great time.

Does the guy with the maroon protege and Enkei's ever post here? I'm pretty sure he's my buddies brother hahaha.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
As far as feedback goes, I think the one thing that may be nice to try for next time would be to set up a spot for a grille or two and do some burgers/hot dogs for lunch (if there's a suitable spot). I know I worked up a pretty good appetite!

I know I wouldn't of had a problem bringing a grill to the event, along with a cooler for the food. I think we can work on this for a spring event after we chat with Morries over the winter.

jpmn3blk

Had a great time as well guys. And another shout out to Nate for his expertise help and advise. AJ, Workdawg, and others thanks for putting things together.

Bartron8000

This was an excellent idea and turned out great, and I would like to thank the people involved setting up and Morries. And thanks to Jesse for letting us test drive the new 6 and MX-5. I sure hope we have more events like this.