• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

2012 Auto X Points Series

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I'm curious if anyone here wants to set up, and take part in an ongoing points competition for the 2012 Auto X season. We would set up a # of events that would qualify for the series, and then set the number of events used for total season points. So people have an opportunity to miss events or drop 1 or 2 bad results.

I'm thinking we would used a points systme based on the overall PAX finish for all cars. Have a buy in at the beginning of the years, and depending on the number of cars we would determine the season ending payout schedule. I'm thinking 5 cars, winner takes all. 6-8, 1st and 2nd pay out. 9+ top three pay out.

The upside to an event like this is it gives EVERYONE a chance if they want to take part in something like this no matter what the car is. And since it's PAX scores, you wouldn't even need to drive the same car each event to drive. People can even take part in their daily drivers with normal tires and maintain the ability to be competitive.

The only item I see as a challenge is for those who'e have never Auto X'd before. In this case, you'll want to do your first event as a Novice I would think. As an FYI, Novice does NOT get a pax, so that obviously wouldn't count, but there are a LOT of events we could use for this. MAC, CVSCC, COM, and the MAP Auto X event.

I have an idea to add some contigency structure to this as well and depending on setup I have some items in mind we could run by sponsors if ok by Tom (including my own sponsoship).

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I'd do it, but I have No idea A- what car i'll be running, B- how many times i'll be running and C- if I will change cars multiple times during the season ( all signs point to yes, as I wanna get some runs on the mx6 before I have to take it to Florida. )

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
You're only item would be to run a min # of runs to stay in the points mix. And you're taking the MX6 to FL?

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Yeah, MX6 is going to 2012 challenge. Whole reason I bought that car. Well, and I had 400$ in one hand and no car keys in the other.