• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

How cool is this??

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Other than charity, this is probably my favorite thing I have ever seen done by an NFL player. Morris went through a lot to get where he is and respects where he came from. As a fan I can appreciate that.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Love to see this kind of story. Keeps me believing that there are still great people out there. (car is fucking sweet too...love the silver)

dmention7

Hater
Neat story, but the cynic in me wonders why all this time and money (full strip & repaint, custom interior, one-off parts from shelved molds) was donated to a pro football player, who could no doubt afford this with his spare change, rather than to people who are actually in need of having their cars refurbished?

TheCocaColaMan

My Dad owned a 1988 626 5 speed manual I think. The thing was a tank lasted for 15 to 20 years! We had to get get rid of it because the rear axel rust right off the frame pretty much they deemed it unsafe to drive.. That car inspired me to get a Mazda Runs in the family I guess!

DTruongMazda

Neat story, but the cynic in me wonders why all this time and money (full strip & repaint, custom interior, one-off parts from shelved molds) was donated to a pro football player, who could no doubt afford this with his spare change, rather than to people who are actually in need of having their cars refurbished?
EXACTLY what I was thinking! Maybe Mazda of DC was too excited to be on the news... so they 'helped' Morris out.

Other than that thought... it's good to see normal humble pro-athletes. Other humble pro's are the majority of the MN pro's here... Gotta keep your head up high and be humble after consecutive losing games/weeks/seasons/years...