• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 LOTS of mods

MoeBiscuits

Hey guys. Just putting out some feelers. As much as I've loved this car, it's probably time for it to go. The clutch just went on it, and I'm sick of putting money into this car. That being said, it's a great car, the way all MS6 are. This thing has had so much done to it I have a hard time keeping track.

Engine rebuild
New block
Forged pistons and rods (eagle i think?)
3 inch garret turbo
race pipe
catless exhaust
corksport FMIC
all corksport tubing
Cobb Boost control
Cobb AP
Probably more that I can't remember. Will definitely know all about it if someone is interested.
All the work was done professionally by RS Motors. They did an awesome job, it runs great. Just needs a clutch and a tuning from MAP and this thing will be staggeringly fast.

Wheel wells are a bit rusty, currently has a cracked headlight but I have a stock replacement headlight assembly that I will include as well as an HID conversion kit that I will include. Let me know if you're interested or want more info.

MoeBiscuits

115xxx miles on the body, 1.5k miles on the engine. Looking to get a lot for this car, I've put about $15-$18k in mods and the brand new block. So essentially, you're buying a 2014 Mazdaspeed6.

IMG_0014.jpg

20140203_181406.jpg

MoeBiscuits

I know I will. But at the same time, I expect to get more for this than I would for a car in the same condition with the original engine.

spek1098

To the average buyer a new engine is a red flag, thus it lowers the overall value of the car. In total I have over 40k into my car (bought new, includes interest, total '07 MS3 parts car and mods) and I've been asking 12k for the past 9 months with hardly a nibble. That's slightly less/around than what a '07 MS3 with simular miles and no mods are selling for. You can ask whatever you want for the car but if you want to sell it in a timely fashion you're not going to be able to get more than an unmod, stock one with its original engine. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone looking to do a build, but that's about the only type of person your going to find that may be willing to pay a premuim for your car. That's what I've been hoping to find this spring, but I'm not counting on it.

MoeBiscuits

Again-- I get that. That's why I posted this here where most people understand what's been done with the car. I'm fully expecting to have to compromise on price, but if I don't start high I'm going to lose more money on it than I can bare at this point.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I've always found when selling modded cars, if you list at closer to the expected price you get less haggle and more interest. Some people are going to be priced right out of your car due to the initial sticker shock and not even e-mail. Make it more reasonable to what you actually would let it go for and it may help. I did that with my Miata and got it sold for nearly full asking. If i were to look at a MS6, i'd be looking for those close to book value price wise, no matter the mods, as anything above what a loan is gonna pay for is all out of pocket, and that's the case for the majority of your buyers market.

MoeBiscuits

I was thinking 13-14k. There's one listed by a dealer in the area in that range. It's the sport model, not the touring, and is completely stock. Sound reasonable to you guys?

spek1098

That sounds reasonable to me. AJ has a very valid point though, the best way to judge if it is reasonable to the market is by the level of serious inquiries you get from potential buyers. By that method I must be over priced on mine or I don't have it listed in the proper places. Where all do you have yours listed? I only really have mine on Craiglist which might be part of my problem as I bet most people there are looking for really good deals.

MoeBiscuits

That's the struggle I'm running into. Craigslist is incredibly inconsistent. Also, it's at MAP right now getting a new clutch, lowering springs, boost gauge, and tuned, so I may end up keeping it...

Shinjammin

And you can always just keep it posted, if the right offer comes around you can take it, if not you can just keep it and enjoy it. Win Win!

mnsnwta

ya hard to sell with the mods. ul nvr get ur initial investment back, i bet tho if u put it up for $8k u may get a cash offer. its got a 115k on it which is high for the prices ur looking for. good lookin car tho from ur pics., looks really clean.

prob gotta bring it back to stock and ul get the most outta it. the mods always decrease value, specifically if u start messing with the tuning, that really lowers the dependability unless its done on the high end which typically isnt the case. the softwares arnt cheap to make those upgrades. but idk ur car so maybe u did upgrade the computer module with correct the software.

and ur op stated its prob time to get rid of it which means theres prob something wrong in which u havnt been able to diagnose. again it looks really nice but the miles are high, and it has mods in which average people dont want to maintain. u might be able to find another person who wants that stuff but that is a limited market.

ur best bet to sell is get it back to stock and part out the mod items. i think its worth $8k.

MoeBiscuits

I appreciate all the advice guys. Going stock and trying to get 8k just isn't an option for me, even if that probably is the best plan. Guess I'm keeping it for now. The struggle just continues. Since it's been at MAP it's gotten a new clutch, new upper control arm, new tie rods, new end links, and they've found a coolant leak. At this point I hate the thing and don't want to keep it, but I HAVE to. Ugh. Thanks again for the help. Cheers.

mnsnwta

once its all fixed up i thnk ul liked it again. its a nice car. i wouldnt sell it as ur not ready to part with it at whats its prob worth. it can be discouraging when ur car isnt running well but u gltta always remember its not gunna run like it did whn u bought it. what r u looking to replace it with?

MoeBiscuits

Got it back today. Still not done with this whole ordeal cause I gotta take it back in a month to get it tuned, but god damn that thing is fun. It's as fast now as it was stock and it's got the turbo control solenoid unplugged and it hasn't been tuned so... I'm excited to drive it when it's done. Still not totally opposed to selling it. Would probably replace it with a VW because that's what I know best-- grew up with em, owned 3.

mnsnwta

I started with VWs as well. It was nice to move into the mazda3 and not have to worry about every sensor on this dam earth failing haha. I really do want a tdi tho. They're a lot of fun to work with.