• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

**FINALIZED** New Glarus Brewing Cruise & Tour Weekend (Fri 7/19 - Sun 7/21)

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showthread.php?7399-New-Glarus-Brewing

Leaving Friday morning from MPLS and arriving in New Glarus for the brew tour either Friday yet or Sat. There are two other brew and distillery places to visit the next town over in Monroe. :)

Jana and I are booked here for Fri night: $89 for a Queen, $99 for a King or two Qeeens. http://www.swissaire.com/ They have several rooms available yet here so call now to book so we can all stay in the same spot!

Then Sat sometime we'll head to my hometown of Decorah for a visit to another craft beer brewer (http://www.tgbrews.com/site/) and some Mabes pizza and anything else time allows for.

Hotel info for Decorah coming soon, should be similar to New Glarus though. We will head back home to MN Sunday, which is about a 2.5 - 3 hour drive straight up hwy 52.

Sorry for another thread, done waiting for someone to move this over to finalized.

Last edited:

turbotalon1g

I need to figure out my work conflict next week when my boss comes back.

I talked to dizzle last night and he has a race that weekend, so maybe a diff weekend?

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Not a different weekend. This is when we are going. If no one else goes then that's fine, this is when Jana and I are going and which is why we have this planned and finalized even a month + out yet. We moved and locked down care for the kiddo and the pup.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
This is likey getting changed to leaving Fri the 26th, back in the cities Sunday the 28th. If this date works better for some we'll change it. I've already confirmed with work and my parents (who'll be watching Lilli) that this change will work.

turbotalon1g

I think maybe I'll meet you at your parents place sat.

I can't turn down work since I'm not FT and of course they give me fridays.
I'll see what I can do, but being a broke ass mofo I got to take what I can get.

Check with dizzle and peter.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
This new later weekend might not work. Big event in Decorah that weekend, there will be no hotels available. ugh..

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Original weekend is actually back on. Due to a large event in Decorah IA (Nordic Fest) shit is booked up and my parents have other family and friends in town as well. So the plan Jana and I are doing is to spend Fri Night in New Glarus and then head to Decorah Sat the 20th. Back up to the cites the 21st.

Sorry for any confusion.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
at nearly over a month away and you couldn't request time off yet? You're schedule must be different in that field.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Oh, and if you still had the weekend free, people could just meet us in Decorah IA Sat, the 20th. It's a 2.5-3hr drive and peeps could still go with us around town there. Likely do some shooting at my parents place as well Sat and even Sunday before we head back.

turbotalon1g

Oh, and if you still had the weekend free, people could just meet us in Decorah IA Sat, the 20th. It's a 2.5-3hr drive and peeps could still go with us around town there. Likely do some shooting at my parents place as well Sat and even Sunday before we head back.
I will do that for sure. I'll explain my work thing in person.

I told you that I'd come down sat. and you said that would be a waste. Anywho, PM me lodging info.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I think it might have been, but since Jana and I will be in WI early and get the brew tour in on Fri yet, we'll be in Decorah earlier than expected. So it might actually allow us a longer time to do Decorah up sat, and sat night. It was going to be complicated on our end as I'll be at Google that week, but now I'm back for sure early Thursday.

Hoping others can also make the Sat/Sun trip as I would have a surprise for those that wanted to do a little .22 plinking fun :)