• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Where to look for jobs?

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Post some skills and we can help. Just saying give me job will yield nothing.

Computer skills?
Service industry skills?
Mechanical skills?
Schooling?
Certs?

That is just the beginning. I know lots of people looking for work and lots of people looking for employees. Making the connection will only happen if I know the fit is right. It is my reputation that will be at stake in the end.

TheCocaColaMan

I very good with my hands
Hard working
Pretty enthusiastic
self motivated
Basic computer skills and little bit more.
I know how to use just about every tool in the toolbox
Worked for coca cola as a vendor in most of the grocery stores in my town.
So thats some retail experience
Worked for a lumber company as a yard worker/ delivery
I have my DOT physical no CDL
Never been fired
Never been late
Finished high school 3.19
Going to college at century for my generals.

1Kris06

MAD LIGHTS YO
Post some skills and we can help. Just saying give me job will yield nothing.

Computer skills?
Service industry skills?
Mechanical skills?
Schooling?
Certs?

That is just the beginning. I know lots of people looking for work and lots of people looking for employees. Making the connection will only happen if I know the fit is right. It is my reputation that will be at stake in the end.
90% of my experience is in retail/customer service (although that's what I'm trying to get out of, the retail side).
Mid level management (currently an hourly manager. Run the store when the MGR/ASM isn't there and don't get paid enough)
Some warehouse-picking/packing (roughly 6 months at a BB warehouse)
Some clerical/data entry (6 month data digitization project)

Basic to intermediate computer skills
Word product knowledge
AS400 knowledge

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
The next question on the price is right- what work DO you want to do? I mean, anyone can get a shit job- but getting the right job in the right place takes a little resume polishing. I got a job at United Healthcare fresh out of retail with NO healthcare experience, because my resume was polished to look like I knew what I was doing, then I crushed the interview. Granted I don't have that job now and am NOT actively looking for a new one- but I know how to play the game. Employers are sometimes willing to take a chance if you can prove you're a driven individual that picks up on things fast and is willing to learn. The trick is, getting face time with the right folks.

JP5

Go to indeed.com. Set up a profile on linkedin and start following companies and thought leaders in your area of interest.